The Aims of the Programme
- To introduce theory and research
on the social construction of gender and on gender equality in
the curricula of the social and political sciences.
- To motivate the students' interest
in issues of gender and gender equality.
- To provide information about employment
prospects in the field of gender equality as a result of the development
of applied policies in Greece and the European Union.
The ╠ain ┴reas of Work of the Programme
- The development of Gender Studies
programmes in the Social Sciences
- The introduction of gender and gender
equality as topics in undergraduate curricula of participating
- The establishment of the Centre
of Gender Studies and Gender Equality.
- The organisation of seminars on
topics of applied policies on gender equality.
- The organisation of lectures about
the contribution of a gender perspective in the development of
sciences in general and of social and political sciences in particular.
- Position Paper supporting the inclusion of two (2) articles
in the Internal Operating Regulations (under discussion) of Panteion
University related to Equal Treatment, Prohibition of Discrimination
and Moral and Sexual Harassment as well as the establishment of
a Committee on Equal Treatment.
- The dissemination of information
Participating University Departments
- Department of International &
- Department of Communication, Media
- Department of Social Policy
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Economic and Regional
- Department of Political Science